Thick soot completely removed from a Lubbock home
The family living in this home owned an electric couch that heated and vibrated. These couches can be fun and all, but you must be very careful which outlets and extension cords you pair with this large energy user. In this case, their extension cord shorted out and cased a large fire in their living room while the family was out of the home. With as much furniture and other material that burned throughout the day, the home took heavy smoke damage. Soot will cling to cold surfaces like toilets and showers and can appear to streak due to its humid characteristic, and even magnetize to form spiderweb-like shapes in corners or ceilings. Soot is also corrosive to many surfaces and is the biggest concern with smoke damage, aside from the direct fire damage. With MDM construction, SERVPRO® of Southwest Lubbock was able to rebuild the living room walls and reconstruct the kitchen cabinets, as well as refurbish the entire home.