How does a water damage happen?
When water rushes in, it rushes with vengeance. Water damage occurs when excess water floods into areas where it shouldn’t be. So, how does water flooding in a home happen? It could be caused by problems like these:
- Storms and natural disasters
- Bursting pipes
- Issues with plumbing
- Faulty household appliances
- HVAC issues
If your house has been flooded, start by asking yourself if it’s safe to stay in the house. If so, then start on these steps:
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Remove and prop up wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and carpeting
- Turn AC on for maximum drying in the summer
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting
- Remove art objects to a safe and dry place
- Gather loose items from the floor
Be sure you use caution and do not use any household appliances and stay out of rooms where ceilings are sagging. Your safety is most important! Your SERVPRO® of Southwest Lubbock team will head out to inspect your house and start restoring your belongings. If you have a water emergency don’t hesitate to call us at 806-780-6311.