Mold Facts: What to Watch Out For
When the freezing temperatures begin to thaw, water will be left behind. Unfortunately, this is where mold begins to take root. Mold can start to grow in as a little as 48 hours after water is left behind! Since microscopic mold spores exist naturally almost everywhere, removing all mold from a home or business is virtually impossible. However, SERVPRO® of Southwest Lubbock understands both mold and mold growth, and our experts have the training to eliminate the mold in your home or business. We also understand that most people are not mold experts, so here are some facts about mold to keep an eye out for:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic, float along in the air, and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor, and that odor can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Keep the humidity in your home or business below 45% to prevent humidity and fostering mold growth.
If you see mold anywhere in your home or business, remember SERVPRO® of Southwest Lubbock is ready to help 24/7. Give us a call!