Hitting golf balls on the range? Enjoyable. Golf ball sized hail hitting your windows? A disaster. The weather around Lubbock is unpredictable and can sometimes have a devastating impact on your home. Although you can’t stop the weather, we can limit the amount of damage done by violent storms. Here are a few tips for preparing for a storm:
- Trim the trees, wind could knock down any lose or dead branches
- Secure the backyard, any furniture or objects left outside should be secured and ready to endure heavy winds
- Clean the gutters, if gutters stay full they could become clogged and cause water to seep in under the roof
- If flooding is a concern, move poisons or garden chemicals kept outside to above ground level and that important items inside are kept in a safe place
- If there’s a large hail warning, consider boarding your windows and staying in the room with least amount of windows
If, even after all these precautions, mother nature still managed to cause a mishap let us take care of it for you. At SERVPRO® of Southwest Lubbock we are open 24/7 and can assess and fix the damage in no time. Like it never even happened!