If your commercial building floods, here are some things you can do before remediation happens
Floods in your commercial buildings can cause immense damage. SERVPRO® of South and Southwest Lubbock want to provide you with some information about things you can do before your remediation happens.
- Turn off all of your building’s electric and gas services
- If you have flood insurance, contact your insurance company as soon as possible
- Leave all doors that lead to outside and windows open so that the walls and floors can start to dry
- Remove all furniture and carpeting to an outdoors area so they can be cleaned and dried
If a flood happens in your commercial building, SERVPRO is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to help you at any time. For more information, go to our website or give us a call at (806) 780-6311.
How SERVPRO can help you restore your home before moving in or out
Moving to a different home can be stressful. SERVPRO® of South and Southwest Lubbock is available to help you make sure your old home or new home looks pristine.
Some ways we can help you throughout the moving process are:
- Clean your carpets, hardwood and tile
- Clean your air-ducts and sewage
- Remove odors
- Remove mold and mildew
- Clean drapes
- Clean your ceilings and walls
- Clean the concrete, brick and stone outside of your house
- Clean up any vandalism or graffiti that might have happened
- And we can remove any previous fire or flood damage
Moving to a new home should be an enjoyable experience. That is why SERVPRO is here 24/7 to help you with all of your cleaning and restoration needs. If you have any questions or would like more information, visit our website or call us at (806) 780-6311.
Call SERVPRO for Fire Damage
SERVPRO® professionals have been helping homeowners, and business owners recover from fire damages across the United States. SERVPRO has over 1,500 franchises you can get into contact with!
With fire damage, you need us fast! The sooner we arrive, the better the chance we can reduce the damage and save your money. Our professionals are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year; we are always there for you. SERVPRO is here to help during the hard times.
SERVPRO has a track record of results that have earned us the trust of the insurance industry, countless homeowners, commercial property managers and in one unforgettable instance, even the Pentagon.
Call our expert team at 806-780-6311 whenever you might need SERVPRO of Southwest Lubbock.
SERVPROS Fire Tips
Have you recently been involved in a fire? Think about your safety quick:
- Is it safe for anyone to stay in the house?
- Electrical and hazards are some of the most prevalent concerns.
- Only do activities that are safe for you to perform.
- If the material is wet, it can be cumbersome.
What to do after a fire:
- Limit movement in the home to prevent soot particles from being embedded into upholstery and carpets.
- Keep hands clean so as not to further soil upholstery, walls, and woodwork.
- Place clean towels or old linens on rugs, upholstery, and carpet traffic areas.
- If electricity is off, empty freezer and refrigerator and prop doors open.
- Wash houseplants on both sides of the leaves.
- Change HVAC filters.
- Tape double layers of cheesecloth over air registers.
Call our expert team at 806-780-6311 whenever you might need SERVPRO® of Southwest Lubbock.
SERVPRO of South Lubbock is Ready to Help You!
SERVPRO® has the trained professionals and expertise to help make it “Like it never even happened.” We offer restoration for:
- Small Office Buildings
- Large Office/High-Rise Office Buildings
- Apartment Buildings
- Prominent Retail/Big-Box Stores
- High-Rise Residential
- Manufacturing & Industrial
- Small Retail Stores
SERVPRO professionals are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year; we are always there for you. We are here to help during the hard times. You can depend on us to get the job done right and get it done quickly. Our cleaning services include the following:
- Air Ducts
- Drapes and Blinds
- Hard Floors
- Odor Removal
- Crime Scene
When dealing with your residential cleaning, we are here to ease the burden; call SERVPRO of Southwest Lubbock at (806)-780-6311.
Snow and Ice Damage in Lubbock, TX
Fall has just begun but it is already getting cold here in Lubbock, TX. And colder weather means snow and ice. It is not uncommon here to see snow in October and many people do not know the damage snow and ice can cause to their home.
Heavy snow fall can cause an overload on your homes roof and in some cases cause your roof to collapse. To prevent this, we recommend getting your home and roof inspected before every winter.
Ice dams can form on your roof, getting water under your shingles and possibly into your homes. To prevent this, we recommend cleaning out your gutters before winter and getting your attic insulated and ventilated.
Icicles forming on your home may be pretty, but they can possibly damage your gutters and your shingles. To prevent this, we recommend using a roof rake to carefully remove any icicles. Insulating and ventilating your attic will also reduce the number of icicles you get on your home.
There are not many things better than sitting inside with your family on a cold evening, drinking hot chocolate and watching movies. SERVPRO® of South and Southwest Lubbock is here for you and we hope that this information helps you so that you do not have to worry about damage snow and ice can cause to your home.
If any damage happens to your home this winter give us a call at (806) 780-6311 for quick emergency recover. We will make it look “Like it never even happened.”
Wind Damage in Lubbock, TX
The windiest time of the year here in Lubbock, Texas is January through June. It is only October, but it is never too early to prepare your homes and commercial buildings so that you can limit the amount of damage the West Texas winds can cause.
Strong winds can cause the shingles on your roof to loosen or even fall off. Strong winds can cause trees, tree limbs or other objects to fall on top of your home or commercial buildings and cause immense damage. Strong winds can cause your windows to break and even the doors to the outside of your home to come off. Strong winds can also cause old homes and buildings to collapse because of the weakened materials the house was built with.
Some ways to help limit the damage the strong winds can cause to your home is:
- Get your home and roof inspected yearly
- Think about installing impact-resistant windows
- Trim the trees in your yard
- Secure your shingles with nails or staples
- Bring any furniture that you keep outside inside
These are just a couple of ways you can try and limit the damage wind causes to your homes and buildings.
You can never prevent damage from happening to your home or commercial building 100%. That is why SERVPRO® of South and Southwest Lubbock is here 24/7 to help you. Visit our website for more information or call us at (806) 780-6311 for immediate help.
When disaster strikes, you can call SERVPRO
SERVPRO® of South and Southwest Lubbock is here to help you 24 hours a day, seven days week. Fires, Floods and Storms can happen unexpectedly and cause severe damage to your homes. When one of these disasters happen, it is imperative to act quickly. When you call us, we will get to the scene of your disaster as fast as we can. We are a local team of highly trained and qualified professionals that are here to help you whenever you need. When disasters happen, they interrupt your lives and make everything harder. Our goal is to make your home look “Like it never even happened,” as quickly as possible so that we can minimize the time the disaster effects your life.
Call SERVPRO at any time of the day at (806) 780-6311 for immediate help and quick emergency recovery.
Your House Flooded; Now What?
The unexpected and unimaginable happened and your house flooded, so now what? First, it’s important to stay calm and call your local SERVPRO® of South and or Southwest Lubbock at (806)780-6311. Here there will be trained professionals available to you 24/7. After you have provided all necessary information the next step is for SERVPRO to come inspect and assess the water damage that was done. This step is necessary so our team can develop a plan that is specific to your property and the damage that occurred. Once a plan has been determined it is time for the third step, water removal and extraction. This step is crucial to getting the bulk of the water removed and this happens straight away, for most cases. After all of the water is removed comes the drying and de-humidification aspect of the process. This is the part where all remaining moisture is removed with industrial-grade equipment. It’s not over once all the water is removed though, because then the restoration aspect of it all starts to slowly play a part.Next comes cleaning and sanitation.Our highly trained professionals are experts at things like odor removal, abrasive cleaning, sanitizing treatments and disposal. Finally, the last step is restoration. Every property is different but when it comes to water damage restoration we offer services such as, fixing or replacing drywall, the installation of new flooring, minor repairs or even major ones like the reconstruction of rooms within your property. So, if your house floods don’t forget to call SERVPRO (806)780-6311.
Water Damage Facts
Water damage can be scary and confusing but SERVPRO® of South and or Southwest Lubbock is here to help with some important facts!
- Water damage is time sensitive but with SERVPRO’s 24 hour seven days a week service this does not have to be a worry.
- There are three different types of water damage that can be affecting your property which are, clean, gray, and black water. This is important because it will determine how SERVPRO will execute the specific clean up and restoration process used.
- Water damage can affect more than what meets the eye at first and many times the damage can be deceiving which is why calling SERVPRO is essential.
- It is important to not use any electronics and or appliances in the affected areas where damage occurred.
Call your local SERVPRO today to set up an appointment and learn more (806)780-6311